Saturday, January 3, 2009

Mock transfer today

Well I had my mock transfer today(technically it was friday but I am posting after midnight).It went pretty well even though I didn't sleep at all, seriously, at all.Tossed and turned all night.Then DH and I got up and got ready in less than 20 minutes and were out the door.I got dressed and got ready and then we went to leave one hour before my appointment.At which time I was told I needed to not urinate and make sure I drink enough fluids so they could see my bladder.So I proceeded to drink about 11oz of water and a 7oz yogurt smoothie on the hour ride there.I also took my meds 1 hour before my appointment as directed.Which were 1 antibiotic(doxcycline hyclate),1 valium amd 2 ultracets. The ultracets are what I normally take for my endometriosis pain so I took those instead of motrin since motrin does not work on me.I have to say between no sleep, the valium and my pain meds I felt a bit loopy and unsteady.I have to say that taking the ulracet and valium made it at least 50% better than the IUI I had in the past.But I will not lie and say that it didn't hurt because it did.But that could be me since I have such a tricky cervix.They had to try it 3 times and tried 3 different sized catheters.All in all my doctor was very understanding and said there would be no problem now that he knows what he has to do to make it work come transfer time.I did have a decent amount of pressure, sharp pain and cramping during it.My cramping continued afterwards for awhile to.And there was also a fair amount of bright red blood just for a heads up for those of you that are soon to be going through this.Which all is normal.But be sure you wear a pad and not a liner I was glad I did as a liner would not have been enough.But again everyone is different.The bleeding was almost immediate too.As soon as we were done we went to a consult room to talk about our embryos that we are getting and by then I had to empty my bladder and that is when all the blood appeared so be prepared.I also had another round of it about 9 hours later but it was no longer bright red it was older blood.Sorry if that was TMI I just want to be sure to help anyone else I can be prepared as I was a bit nervous before all this and I am sure I will be even more so in March when we do the embryo transfer.The thing that happened today that I was least expecting was DH almost passed out seriously they had to get him a cold wet paper towel,sit him down and put his head between his knees, all this during my procedure.This totally caught both of us by surprise as he is not a woozy man by any means, that is me that has the blood phobia and besides there was nothing to see.He was up by my head sheet draped over me with the external ultrasound on the screen and the doc trying to do the catheter.He could see anything but the screen.But he said what the problem was, was that he could see how much pain I was in and feel me squeezing his hand in pain and it was killing him that I was hurting and there was nothing he could do.He said it hurts him to see me be poked and prodded and everything that I have to go through for us.I know he is a bit mad and surprised at himself for this and I am sure he will do better next time now that he sees that I am ok in the end.I also had to take a 2nd antibiotic 8 hours after my procedure to prevent infection.I hope that helps anyone that is about to go through this and feel free to ask me any questions that you might have.We now will be starting the process of our blood tests for our doctor since they have to be within 6 months of the embryo transfer they wanted us to wait.We are making our appointments for February so they will have the results by March.I am in the middle of trying to find a tv for bedroom to borrow for my after transfer bedrest.As we have always had a no tv in the bedroom policy but for this we are bending it.I also have decided that I really need to get my stress under control now and honestly try to eat better.So here goes.......... God bless you all and thank you for the encouraging comments. (Also we were given paperwork that told about the bio parents of the embryos but maybe I will post about that tomorrow as I am tired for now, lack of sleep and had a long busy day.)


Mimi said...

Good luck to you sweetheart!!!! We live in the suburbs of Detroit. About 45 minutes NW. I will be praying for you!!!


Hoping for our own Peanut said...

hey hun. thanks for commenting on my blog about your hubby. i did read that emotional stress can affect it. considering we have been ttc for two years, its safe to say ive dealt with my share of stress. well see what the second draw levels are at.

i hope youre having a great week!

My snowflake items

My snowflake items
DH got me these after we officially accepted our set of snowflake babies