Monday, July 20, 2009

catching up, baby now kicks!

It just occured to me the other day that I have never shared with all of you that I felt the baby move for the very first time on June 27th.I was just laying very still talking to DH and it was a feeling that I had never felt before.I described it to my OB and she said that she was pretty positive that I had felt the baby move.Which that is what I thought when it happened,DH got so exited the day when it happened.I now know for sure that was our little monkey as it happens way more often now that I am almost 18 weeks.I was 14 weeks and 3 days the very first it happened.Which is earlier than most but not unusual.The best way to describe it lately is a feeling that someone is tapping you from the inside,kinda like if you were to take your finger and tap the inside of your cheek.It doesn't hurt just a fluttery feel that happens over and over in the same spot for the moment that it is happening.But changes to a different spot the next time.The baby kicked several times in church this morning it really caught me off guard :-).I can't believe we find out what we are having in 3 days!! On a another note my mom is paying for our family and my sisters to take the Badger which is a big boat and car ferry, over to wisconsin on wednesday.We are only doing the day trip where you ride the 4 hours there and spend about 2 hours in wisconsin (manitowoc) and then you ride the 4 hours back.She thought it would be a nice to treat all of us since everyone is struggling due to the michigan economy plus there is a deal right now where kids ride free so that is 4 free passengers.And I guess we qualified for a special rate since we are doing the day trip and not taking a car.Do any of my fellow bloggers live close to there? We would arriving there at 11:00 am your time.We are getting ice cream somewhere close to the boat and then leaving after our time is up.They have activities on the boat for the adults and kids.They also have a deli and cafeteria.So it will be one big day of cruising the big lake for us.DH gets seasick so this should be interesting.We went on a cruise for our honeymoon last year and those boats are huge and he still had a problem for the first few days until he got his sea legs.Now this boat will be much smaller and it is supposed to rain so there could be rough waters.I am gonna bring the dramamine and some bags for him, just in case. ;-) Well girls I should head to bed, you all take care and God bless you!

6 comments:

Michele said...

have a fun trip!

I love feeling the babies move. It's neat as it goes from the flutter to the hey-mom-I'm-here kicks. As we move towards 21w, I swear, mine are saying "Move Mom- you're squishing me!". :)

twondra said...

Yay for feeling the baby kick!

I wish was closer! I'm in the same state, but not near Manitowoc. Hope you guys have fun!!!

embieadoptmom said...

YAY for baby kicks!

Hoping for our own Peanut said...

so glad you can feel that monkey movin around in there! thats the best feeling EVER!!

3 more days..i cant wait!

Ashley said...

That's awesome that you have been feeling the baby!! I'm so excited for you:)

Meant to be a mom said...

Isn't it the most amazing feeling. Congrats on experiencing that for the first time. Its such a great feeling to know they are alive and well and moving around inside of you.

My snowflake items

My snowflake items
DH got me these after we officially accepted our set of snowflake babies