Friday, February 5, 2010

Mason hospitalization update







Well the test came back positive for RSV.The doctor said he will not be going home today, probably not tomorrow and honestly he does not know when. I hate having to split our family up like this. DH and I stayed up there last night and we are going to tonight but after that I have no one to watch my other boys. It is so hard to see him struggling to breath and in pain. He had a temp over 101 degrees last night.He is on breathing treatments every four hours.And on oxygen and a pulse oxygen meter 24 hours a day.Hard to believe all of this started out looking like the sniffles, even the doctor thought that it was a simple cold but also said to watch for it to get worse as RSV was going around.It started with a couple of coughs on Monday, we saw the doctor on Tuesday as we already had a well check that day. It got worse with stuffy, runny nose on Wednesday and and larger cough and small temp.By Thursday morning I was calling the doctor, got a sick appointment scheduled for that day and then at the appointment the doctor said he wanted him admitted.So here we are. Here are a few pics and pardon me and my just woke up after only 2 hours sleep look. I still have part of my baby weight that I would love to lose but it is slowly coming off. Everyone says be patient it will happen so I am trying. Thank you everyone for your kind words and prayers.God bless you all!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Poor little guy! poor mama! Praying for God to heal your sweet one soon.

twondra said...

Those pictures break my heart. :( Thanks for the update sweetie! I'm always here if you need to talk....you know my number. Even if it's 3 in the morning and you can't sleep and just need someone to talk to or cry to, I'm here. (((HUGS)))

Meant to be a mom said...

This just gives me chills (not in a good way). Your poor sweet baby. I'm heartbroken to see these pictures of him. I am definitely praying for him. I hope he gets better and is able to come home soon.

Keep strong and know we are praying for you.

Jess said...

Praying for little Mason. And for mommy and daddy as you both try to juggle all of your responsibilities.

Jen said...

Megan,

I am so very sorry that you are going through all of this!!! What a sweet boy Mason is!!! My prayers are with all of you!!! Thanks for letting us know what to watch for and for the update.

Hugs!!!

Breen said...

Praying for little Mason. Our godson had RSV within his first 6 months and even spent his first Christmas in the hospital. It is hard being in the hospital with a little one. Stay strong and love on your little boy.

Angela said...

Awwww! We're praying for all of you!

Michele said...

Oh honey... Saying prayers for you guys.

Dan and Gretchen said...

Oh dear! I've not been online lately, and was so sad to see this. I sure hope he's doing better and you're getting some rest again!

Hang in there!

Hoping for our own Peanut said...

praying for baby mason tonight..

update when you can.

My snowflake items

My snowflake items
DH got me these after we officially accepted our set of snowflake babies