Sunday, May 17, 2009

Todays U/S and a catch up about mothers day and I finally graduated!!





**I had some blog troubles and I had to copy and paste in order to save this post,the original had to be deleted.So the comments that were already there I copied too as I did not want to lose anything all my girls had to say.Sorry for the jumbled mess**



So first things first.I realize I am a bit late in posting regarding mothers day but better late than never. We went to church that morning, which included me,Bryan, the boys and my mom.I know that most IF'ers dread church on mothers day because they usually single out the mothers in the congregation leaving the women struggling with IF to feel left out.It has been awhile since that was how I felt since I was blessed in be able to adopt my boys. But the thought and memory of what it must be like for my fellow IF'ers still is strong in my mind as well as what it felt like for me back before my boys. My heart went out to everyone that day that was struggling and it still does.I do have to say that my church has taken such a refreshing path on mothers day that I know won't fix the infertility struggles that women in the congregation may have but at least they won't feel singled out. My church has a newer method of celebrating mothers day than several others, in that they do not ask who is a mother and they do not only give mothers a flower. But instead they invite ALL women to come forward that are 18 and over because they want all women to know that they are precious and loved no matter what role they are at in their life.And everyone that does receives a flower.I think it is such a wonderful way to do that since we are all either a mother or a daughter and we're important to our loved ones no matter where we are in the road of life.After church we can back to our house where DH and I had prepared lasagna, veggies , garlic bread and strawberry pie.It was a very nice meal and my idea to stay in rather than fight the crowds and spend lots of extra money we don't really have on dining out. My husband got me a willow tree figure called "cherish".It is the pregnant one which is what I really wanted since he had gotten me one before we were married called "promise" and I wanted to add to it. He also got me a second one for mothers day from the boys called "quietly" which has a toddler and another older child with a mother. I thought his choices were so thoughtful and sweet. The boys sat there and pointed to the pregnant one saying" that is momma with a baby in her belly". My oldest was saying "that's momma, that's me and that's brother." when he was showing me the second statue from him and his brother It was so cute and amazing how little minds work.They both had birthdays just recently and now are newly 4 and 6 years old.I will be including a 8 week belly shot in this post( I took it a few days ago,pardon the jammies ) and also our u/s pic from today.Our appointment went wonderful today and we actually got to hear the heartbeat.It was amazing.The heartbeat was at 168 bpm and the baby now measures 18mm in size it almost quadrupled in 2 weeks and 2 days since my last ultrasound.My doctor was like "that is a big baby!" He said it looked wonderful and that everything looks right on track. So now I officially have graduated to my OBGYN. I called and made an appointment today but they can't get me in until June 10th.Which is almost 4 weeks away.My doctor wanted me to be seen in 2-3 weeks but that will be 3 weeks and 5 days at that point. I hate waiting that long but I guess I have no choice.It was so neat because the baby actually is looking like a baby in the ultrasound.It kind of has a Kewpie doll look and build right now (I am including a pic of a Kewpie doll for those who may be too young to remember them or have never heard of them,my mom was/is an antique collector so I had no choice but to know of them lol)We have another u/s pic to share from today too.I was so prepared for bad news when i went today as I am always scared before the u/s's.I always feel like something could happen and I would not realize it.I was relieved when everyone in the room was all happy and excited for me and telling me how good the baby was doing.And when I say everyone I mean all 4 people besides myself.There was a female intern that was very sweet, my doctor, my husband and then also my donor coordinator that called me yesterday "just because". She is so sweet and we have become more like friends/family then me being her patient.She called to see how I was doing and I told her of my upcoming u/s and she was so excited and asked if it was ok if she came in for it. I was of course flattered and said "yes".Officially her job is and has been done with me but she has continued to follow my story and progress.They also have made me promise and this includes the receptionist who knows me by name to bring in the baby after it's born.I love my RE's office and people and will miss them all but I know this is a good thing that I am moving to my OBGYN.And we do still have 3 snow babies on ice so I know we will be back before I know it as time moves so fast.Well girls this post has become longer than I intended but I wanted to update you all and share some pics.((hugs)) to all of you and God Bless!







Posted by Angelwingsbaby at 4:10 PM
11 comments:
Stacie said...
OMG, your U/S's are adorable. When I saw them, it took me back to why my baby girl was the tiny in my womb! SO exciting. Enjoy every minute of it, it will go by quicker than you can expect.

May 15, 2009 6:09 PM
Jen said...
I am so happy for you!!!! Congrats!!! I pray I am @ 6.5 weeks behind you!!! I love the belly shot!!!

Hugs!!!
Jen

May 15, 2009 6:59 PM
Jen&Carter said...
Yah, I am glad that you had a good appt and that you have graduated up. Congrats.

May 15, 2009 7:19 PM
Mrz. Hannah Myhre said...
Love the pics.. Glad to see everything is going well for you:)

Hugs,
Hannah

May 15, 2009 8:08 PM
blessedmomto7 said...
You graduated! THAT ROCKS! Love the picture of the belly and the way your church handles Mom's day!

May 15, 2009 10:04 PM
Jen said...
I sent you a private email with a very important question @ FET meds which is driving me nuts!!! Please respond.
Thanks!!!
jenandpatmclaughlin@yahoo.com

May 15, 2009 11:23 PM
twondra said...
LOVE the u/s picture! It's soooo cute!

Glad you had a good Mother's Day. :)

I miss talking to you, too. :) We definitely need to chat again. :)

May 16, 2009 7:35 AM
Dr. Hill's Mrs. said...
Congratulations on your continued successful pregnancy! I love how your church has adapted its Mother's Day service- wish mine would do that. I had an excuse not to attend because I was traveling home from a work trip. Still it was a brutal day. I am so excited to see your ultrasound photos! God bless this baby!

May 16, 2009 2:52 PM
Michele said...
Love your willow tree figures. I collect those and each has a special little memory.

So glad things are going well!

May 16, 2009 8:14 PM
Sarah said...
Congrats again on such a beautiful, healthy looking fetus! Before you now it you'll find out the sex. Are you going to find out? I'm just so excited for you! It's so hard to believe that I'm done and am never going to experiance that again. I'm so very blessed and am not complaining though. My tubes were damaged for a reason and I know that 3 was enough for me :)

Keep us posted :)

May 16, 2009 8:50 PM
hopefaithlove said...
YOu u/s looks like a little gummy bear, so excited for you... on a side note I skipped Mother's day I thought pregnancy hormones mixed with IF thoughts would make me lose it.

May 16, 2009 10:18 PM

1 comment:

Kami said...

You look so cute!!! Grow baby grow!!

Kami

My snowflake items

My snowflake items
DH got me these after we officially accepted our set of snowflake babies