Friday, February 4, 2011

Consult appointment for next FET is scheduled

Well I called my RE's office this week and made my consultation appointment.I could hardly believe it when they said they were scheduled out a month just to get in for a consult.So I took first available which was a month out.I ended up having to call the office back later that day for something I forgot to ask and got lucky as there was a cancellation so I got in 1 week earlier.Thank goodness for forgetting to ask questions the first time around :-)So my consult appointment is set for February 21st at 9:40 AM. We will be discussing our game plan and what we need to do to get the ball rolling in order to proceed with our next transfer.I did find out that they had yet another price increase.Ouch!!Just since last summer when I called.They have had a few since we got matched in December 2008.Just to give you an idea the price to get matched for our first was $800.00 ( year 2008) that does not include monitoring,labs, ultrasounds, meds,or transfer it is just the matching fee.It then went up to $1,800 (2009) and I was informed it again went up just this past summer to $2,225(2010).They have not had their price increase for 2011 yet but I am told it usually happens in the summer. Umm... ok, no pressure here...So we are hoping to get in before things go up yet again.Because the price increases did not just affect the matching fees it affects all the fees including mock transfers,hysto sono,(which I am due for both of those)u/s's,transfers etc. All fee's. While we don't necessarily need to get matched again, we do have three embies waiting for us.There is the fear that what if it doesn't work,they make the thaw etc. We will be discussing what the RE feels we should do when we go.He will be able to tell us if he believes we need additional set as he can discuss the quality of our remaining embryos with us at that time.I know that we pretty much have only one shot at this in 2011 unless a miracle happens.So if our set doesn't make it and we have paid out all our money on meds monitoring etc.There will not be enough to for everything next time.So then we are through for 2011. Which will be heartbreaking.Plus we know we want more kids so it might not be a horrible idea (if we can afford to) to get on the list before it goes up again. Gulp! So there you have it girls thats the latest.I will also leave you with some photos of my cuties.

Learning young what Michigan winters are all about lol Believe or not they beg to shovel, yeah I have no idea.... lol







My oldest son "G" and his first night in his new big boy bed, just moved out of his toddler bed.


Nanner and his very first subway kids pack, He loved it!



Me with my baby boys on my birthday.






Our homeschool project peanut butter pinecone bird feeders



Guess who's walking completely unassisted and very steadily.

8 comments:

twondra said...

YAY for the consult being scheduled!!! I'm so excited for you!!!

Love the pictures of the boys. :) That's one thing Tyler LOVES to do at our house is shovel. Maybe it's a boy thing. :)

Room for More said...

I am happy that your consult will be here so soon. I will pray for financial provision for ALL of your needs for 2011 whatever they may be : ) Also, your little ones are so super cute!

Meredith said...

I am so excited for you! I bet you are nervous/excited for the coming weeks! My prayers are with you and your family! I can't wait to read the good news!!!

Ashley said...

Glad to hear you're getting the ball rolling again! Hate the price increases!! Super cute pictures!

Michele said...

What a beautiful family you have made!!! So happy to hear your newest news!!!

Nichole said...

Yay! So exciting! I hope all of the timing works out for you! I can't BELIEVE how big Nanner is!

Angela said...

Wow! Exciting news! And I can't believe little man is walking! It was fun to get caught up!

Anna said...

AAAHHH! Can't believe he's walking already! OMG!

Hoping it all falls into place for this next little snowflake! I'll keep you in my prayers. :)

My snowflake items

My snowflake items
DH got me these after we officially accepted our set of snowflake babies