Saturday, November 28, 2009

Appointment coming up on monday and latest visit to the birthing center in the middle of the night

So recently I have found myself at the birthing center twice to be monitored.The first time I was having contractions and braxtons all day and of course by the time I could have the boys dad come get them it was 12:30 am and I didn't show any signs of contractions anymore when hooked up to the monitors.That was about 3 weeks ago or so now.They checked my cervix which looked good but my urine did show I was slightly dehydrated.The latest trip was a week ago this time it was because my feet had been swelling so bad for the 3 days prior that I seriously did not recognize them anymore.They looked broken they were so puffy and round.When DH called the birthing center and asked them about my symptoms etc they asked him several questions to ask me and then asked me to come in and be seen. So that was another trip in the middle of the night. While I was there they noted the swelling and said I had the beginnings of pitting starting on part of my feet.(it is where you push on the skin and it doesn't bounce back right away)They also hooked me to the monitors and said baby boy looked really good.My urine came back and they said I was VERY dehydrated and that I also have some protein in my urine.My blood pressure has risen again but is not preeclamptic yet.They released me with instructions to call my doctor and to drink plenty of fluids which honestly I have been trying to do all along. Part of the problem I think is I just can't drink as much as they would like me to due to my horrible acid reflux even water burns and shoots back up my throat filling my mouth which in turn I have to spit out as it tastes like acid.Or it just causes me to throw up, I never know which will happen.When I talked to my doctors office this week they said they were concerned by my rise in blood pressure while it is not overly high for most people it is for me. I have always had very low blood pressure.They also were concerned about the water retention,protein in my urine and dehydration.They then ordered me a full blood work up, urine analysis and a 24 hour urine analysis.The nurse said I am creeping towards preeclampsia.I had the labs done and then did the 24 hour urine which I turned in on thanksgiving. I have an appointment on monday for my 37 week appointment and to review my labs.I will update everyone as so as I find out what my doctor has to say about it all.Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Only 23 days to go girls if I make it that long, where has the time gone? ((HUGS)) and God bless!


Mandibula said...

It's almost baby time-how exciting! Sorry for the crappy conditions though, you'll pull through just fine!

Michele said...

Pre-e is nothing to play with. I'm glad they are monitoring you closely.

I cant believe the end is so close for you! This is so awesome! Cant wait to see your little boy!!!

Jen said...

I am so excited that you are so far along!!! Yes, the time has flown by!!! Your Little Guy is almost full term!!!


Michele said...

Take care of yourself ! I'll be thinking about you!!

twondra said...

Wow! You sure have been through it! I hope the appointment goes well!! Can't wait to hear an update. :) (((HUGS)))

embieadoptmom said...

WOW-can't believe time has flown! Glad you are doing well & almost ready to have your miracle!! YIPPEE!

Meant to be a mom said...

Wow you are so close. I'm so sorry to hear that your battling with all of those issues. Thats terrible. Hopefully they will deliver the baby soon. We had our son at 38 weeks and he was small for how far along I was and he was still fine. I'll pray for you and for the baby.
You should post a belly pic just in case you have him soon.

kanishk said...

you'll pull through just fine!

Work from home India

My snowflake items

My snowflake items
DH got me these after we officially accepted our set of snowflake babies