Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Wowser it has been a while!

So sorry it has been so long since I last posted.Partially I have been so tired like bone tired.Also the nausea and food adversions have been very strong. I hesitated to post about this as I do not want to sound like I am complaining but the reality is that's what has been going on here lately.This pregnancy is so different from when I was PG with Nanner.I know that all PG's can be different but wow what a difference. I was not this wore out and tired with him nor did I have more than a handful of nauseated days. This time I have had to get a prescription for nausea since the nausea, food adversions and vomiting has been so bad.I was getting so bad that I had adversions even to liquids so I barely drank. Even water gagged me.The medicine has helped but does not last very long.I do have my very first appointment and U/S with my OB coming up soon.It is on october 5th.I can't wait. I have had a few more spotting incidents which I believe are still due to the prometrium.I try to not stress about it but it always worries me when it happens. I will be able to stop taking the estrace when I am 11 weeks and the prometrium when I am 12 weeks. I am currently 9 weeks so not too long from now.So questions for you girls anyone know of any tricks for helping with nausea? Also of you that have said you experienced spotting from taking prometrium, how often did it happen and was it something to worry about at all? Thanks girls and I know that I have to get better about posting but rest assured it not just my blog that is neglected,FB has also suffered. I just have been preferring to lay around instead of doing anything on the internet. I usually end up dosing off before I get online LOL. I will be taking my first belly pic soon, even though I am not showing and haven't gained any PG weight yet.I did gain about 6 pounds while on fertility meds but also have dropped about 2-3 pounds from being so sick.Well I should get going before I fall asleep on the keyboard :-) Hope everyone is doing well. P.s I am still reading everyone's blogs on most days, I haven't forgotten about you!

6 comments:

Mindy said...

I didn't have morning sickness really bad, but it did help to eat a protein snack right before bed (peanut butter toast/ banana with peanut butter/ yogurt), then have saltines on my nightstand that I would eat when I first woke up. I ate about every 2 hours because at the first hint of being hungry, I would start to feel nauseous...also carry around saltines in your purse.

Lara said...

Sour pour patch kids helped me. Apparently your brain cannot process both nausea and sour at the same time. Relief only lasts as long as you are tasting the soir, but I found taking the edge off before it got worse helped prevent a bad episode. Glad everything is going so great. Just keep thinking about how great you will feel in your second trimester through the holidays!

Amy said...

Hi! What helped my morning sickness was crystallized ginger and sniffing peppermint oil. I found both at my local natural foods store. The ginger is STRONG, so it only took a nibble. But, those two things are the only things that helped me. Hopefully you will start to feel better soon! Mine lasted up until about 15 weeks. Love your blog! I'm preggo also...18 weeks with donor embryos. God bless!

Alison said...

So sorry to hear you are sick. I have been following your blog for awhile now (since you got pregnant with your little boy). My husband and I also have a baby (a girl) though embryo adoption. She will be 1 tomorrow. I did have bleeding during my pregnancy. The worst one was when I switched from the IM progesterone to the suppository. I went to the woman's emergency room and they were not too concerned. They did an ultrasound and everything was fine. They said that was normal and to take it easy. I know it is very scary every time it happens though. Take it as easy as possible!

Ashley said...

I'm sorry you've been so sick. But... that means something is going on in there- yay!

Amy, Ryan, Philip and Matilyn said...

I'm currently pregnant with my second too and can't even begin to tell you how different the pregnancies were. With my DS I felt great and was not sick one day. This time I'm having a girl and I have never been sicker or more tired. I think part of being tired this time comes from having a little one to chase around all day too! :-)

My snowflake items

My snowflake items
DH got me these after we officially accepted our set of snowflake babies