Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Follow up appointment today, where to go from here and how to get there

Today is my follow up appointment to discuss where we go from here.This should have been my first u/s appointment :-( I never went in to get my second beta drawn as it was too painful emotionally. I called the RE's and asked if I really had to since I already had a heavy period on the day I was supposed to go. They said they understood and since I already had a period that I did not have to.They also said it is a normal request after a negative first beta.I know that I have not blogged in quite a while, I just have not known what to say.I feel like I am stuck and cannot move forward with a FET with our 1 little embie as the funds are just not there since we had the non responsive cycle and then this failed transfer.Also we have no infertility coverage so it all is out of pocket consults, meds, u/s's, mock transfer, sono, FET's and blood work. All of it. If I fail at something I like to try again. Not being able to try again is unbelievably frustrating and painful.After talking with our donor coordinator on the phone DH and I have discussed what we want to do and what is the best thing to do right now.We are scared that with having one embie it's a long shot and big financial chance to take since it may not make the thaw.I would have gone through medicines and monitoring just to have nothing to transfer at the end.Also transferring just one does not have as high of a chance of a pregnancy. We have decided that the best next step is to get on the donor embryo list so that we can be matched while we are working towards our next transfer.We will still transfer our 1 little embie but maybe we will be matched by the time we can afford our next transfer so if it doesn't make the thaw we can still have a transfer. Unfortunately getting on the list is not cheap either.To make matters worse we found out that the donor embie program is facing another price increase as of July 1st. So that makes me more worried that it will be further out of reach.It is $2,025 just to get on the list to get matched etc.It covers the case fees etc but nothing towards transfer.But if we are paid by July 1st we will be grandfathered in at the lower prices.I know it's a long shot but my best friend in the whole wide world and I were talking and thought it may be a long shot but that I should put a chip in widget on my blog.I did tell her that I did have a donate button on here last year but had no donations so I really don't think it will work.So I have gone back and forth on it in my head as I feel like people think bad of you when you have one up.But let's face it ladies I am desperate and sad so really it can't make things any worse right? So I will be adding the widget and hoping to raise enough money to get on the list. We are also having a yard sale next weekend. But don't have a ton to sell. I am hoping we can at least make a couple hundred if we are lucky at it.I don't want anyone to feel pressured to help but I guess I won't know if anyone wants to unless I make it an option.Just know that you all mean a lot to me even if can't help.Your encouraging words and kind comments are always appreciated.

5 comments:

Aaron and Jennifer said...

I think your plan sounds great. Hang in there, girl!

Anna said...

I agree, this is a good plan! I wish I was able to chip in right now. :( But I can give you yard sale tips! Remember, mine raked in $1900! I asked everyone I knew (literally) if they had anything to donate. I posted on facebook and that's where I got the majority of our items. Then I did a bake sale and instead of putting prices on the baked goods, I put out a big jar and posted signs about why we were raising money. Then when people asked how much the baked goods were (think breakfast items like muffins) I would just say "we're raising money to adopt so just give whatever you would like to contribute." I got $10 for a cookie!

Good luck, and I'll be praying for you!

twondra said...

You sound so sad sweetie. I wish there was something I could do to help. I'm always here for you hon. ((HUGS))

Jen said...

Sounds like a great plan- hang in there... miracles do happen!!!

Angela said...

I'm so sorry to hear this news! Big hugs from me!!! I will be praying for the Lord to make the path clear for you! And to give you a peace! So sorry friend!

My snowflake items

My snowflake items
DH got me these after we officially accepted our set of snowflake babies